Saturday, February 12, 2011

Broken Ankle Post - OP Week 5

Today my friends got me out to some shopping in Harvard Square and a hot pot for lunch. It was nice going out and seeing something other my office or the living room for the past month and a half. Getting used to crutches, cooking in my spare time, watching films. Nothing out of the ordinary except i can't walk. Waiting till March 8th. Hopefully then i could start to weight bear. Seems like a long way away, but hoping it will be here before i know it. I got some Epsom and Dead Sea salts to mix into baths and will try it out. Using Bio-Oil for scarring and Mederma, we will see how the results progress.

3 comments:

  1. Anya,I really enjoy reading your updates! I am glad you are doing well! I broke my ankle 9 weeks ago,and just last week the Dr said I could walk in the Aircast! I couldn't believe it!!! This is a time when you really need friends to! How do you get to work? Can you drive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ed, I am glad you are enjoying the updates. I have another 3 weeks to go before i can begin to weight bear and then hopefully drive. I work in an office which is not far from my brothers' work so he will be driving me there for another month at least. Sometimes i feel like i can get up and just walk, the temptation is great, but i won't put any weight untill OS gives me the green light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is Great that you are able to work Anya! I have a pretty physical job where I am on my feet for 8 hours a day! I am a little worried about that. But I took about a mile walk today in the Aircast and the ankle feels OK! It was so warm it felt like Spring. I am supposed to get the long bolt out on March 14th,I wonder what that is going to be like? I hope I can drive not too long after that!

    ReplyDelete