Monday, January 17, 2011

Broken Ankle Week 2

This week started with a shower. It was nice to be clean and ready to face the week. Swelling is going down significantly. Physical Therapy has me on the following excercises: Wiggling my toes every hour. Pumping my ankle back. Stretching my leg with the belt. Raising my leg in the air 20 times 3 times a day. Bending my leg at a chair, which so far is the only painfull excercise. I am continuing doing walking laps in crutches in the hallway. Diet is consisting of a lot of milk, bananas, sardines, spinach soup and chocholates. If I do gain weight and heal my ankle it will be a small price to pay in the recovery process. I am taking tylenol, daily food based vitamins, Glucosamine/Chondroitin for healhty joints and Calcium with Vitamin D for quicker absorbtion. When I left the hospital they gave me two air casts because my leg was so swallen. I am normally a size 6, but the swelling was so bad that they put on a Large Air Cast. This week as the swelling went down i downgraded to size Medium. Also as the swelling went down my leg is more sensitive. I can feel my whole foot and the bruising on my leg is significant, but every day it's going down in size by little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment